The roofs in this street in Livingston were 40+ years old and the tiles were porous, all cement work had become redundant and there was a lack of adequate ventilation.
Frances Crease had various roofing issues over the years but had been let down by unreliable cowboy roofers and although she knew she needed a full roof replacement she was apprehensive about who she could choose to do it after being let down so badly in the past for smaller roof repairs.
Fortunately for Frances, Taylor Roofs had recently replaced one of her neighbours roofs and worked on one of her other neighbours roofs so she managed to see how the team worked whilst in the street and she also went to speak with her neighbours for a personal recommendation. The neighbours gave Taylor Roofs a glowing review and Frances went ahead with her full roof replacement project.
- Erect scaffolding to front and rear of property to access roof in compliance with health and safety regulations. We use Ace Access Scaffolding as a trusted partner who have all relevant insurances and qualifications.
- Have skip delivered to site, again by a specially selected partner.
- Remove all roof coverings back to trusses and dispose of to skip.
- Re-board roof with 9mm osb ply boards fixed to trusses with ring shank nails.
- Cover full roof area with breathable membrane underlay.
- Install 38mmx10mm treated counter battens through to trusses and install 25x50mm treated tile battens at correct gauge for new concrete tiles to be laid.
- Tile roof with tiles of customers choice and secure every tile fixing with nails or clips where necessary. Marley major Smooth grey was the choice in this instance, the same as the neighbours.
- Finish roof with a dry verge system and a vented dry ridge system for a maintenance free solution also taking ventilation in to consideration.
- Install inline tile vents to roof (4 either side at the eaves).
- Have scaffolding dismantled and removed from site.
- Have skip uplifted.
- Thoroughly tidy site to ensure it is left how it was on arrival.
As you can see the finished roof was impressive and provided the client with complete satisfaction and peace of mind with our 10 year certificate of guarantee, included as standard for all materials and workmanship.
The review posted on Facebook page:
“Excellent service from all at Taylor Roofs. My mum recently had a full roof replacement and was delighted with the high level of service provided throughout the whole process. Jamie and his team went above and beyond to make sure the work was carried out to the highest of standards. She was given daily updates from Brian, and when contacting the office staff, the girls were always very polite, friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend this company to anyone who is considering getting a new roof or any roof repairs. Thank you to all at Taylor Roofs, we are so glad we chose you. You guarantee quality, and that’s exactly what we got. Fantastic!”
Find out more
Taylor Roofs are confident to offer 100% satisfaction every time. We have 200+ client testimonials on Google, Facebook and accredited consumer sites such as West Lothian Council Trusted Trader & Edinburgh Trusted Trader.
Read our recent blog “8 reasons to choose Taylor Roofs” here.