Choosing the right company to replace or repair your house roof can be tricky. You don’t want to spend time and money with a roofing contractor that does more damage than good to your home. You also want to make sure that whoever you work with is approachable and provides aftercare support once the work is complete. But with so many options out there, how do you really know who to hire?
We’ve broken down the main check list for you to run through when deciding on the best roofing company to work with:
1) Trusted accreditations: The first step is to look for a company that is a trusted contractor by looking through their accreditations with governing trade bodies. This will give you peace of mind that you are hiring a company that meets specific standards and is not misleading you (or even lying to you at times!). We are members of a host of trusted accreditations and trade bodies including:
- The national federation of roofing contractors: all members of the NFRC offer high standards of workmanship and sound business practice through a strict code of practice and vetting procedure.
- Federation of master builders: this is the largest trade association in the UK. To be a part of the association members must meet strict criteria and must pass an independent inspection process.
- Edinburgh trusted trader: This group of traders is highly vetted. The scheme is backed and supported by Police Scotland and Citizens Advice.
- West Lothian trusted traders: This scheme was launched by West Lothian council to assist local consumers with finding reliable local traders.
*Did you know, we are the highest rated roofing contractor on West Lothians trusted trader scheme?
2) Trained and personable staff: Look for a company that hires certified staff and provides proper training for their roofers. We continually focus on providing our team of roofers with quality training with a planned training program. This ensures that the entire team are at the pinnacle of roofing technology, methodology and workmanship. Our commitment and continual investment in the development of our team is central to our values.
3) Transparency: Finding a trade company that is honest and transparent in its process and pricing is crucial. It’s always good to know what to expect in advance. How long will the project take and what is the exact cost is a few of the many questions the company needs be transparent with. We offer a great hassle-free roofing and roofline service where we will meet you at your convenience, provide you with a detailed photographic roof report, ensuring you have a complete understanding of what work needs to be done. Our roof surveys are free, and our quotations are fully itemised to provide you with clarity of expected costs.
You can book a free survey here (https://taylorroofs.co.uk/free-survey/), and expect our team to reach out to you with in within 24 hours.
What’s more, all of our roofing works are guaranteed for up to 100 years.
4) Reputation: Listening to what past customers say about the company is a great way to get a true indication of the company’s track record. Check the testimonial section on their website (https://taylorroofs.co.uk/testimonials/) and make sure to also read their social media reviews. The amount of reviews along with the customer ratings will give you a good indication of the experiences previous customers have had with the company.
5) Communication: Feeling like you can communicate with your roofer whenever you need to and being able to speak up any concerns you have is so important. Choose a contractor that is easy to talk to, open in their approach and is happy to communicate with you depending on your needs.
With a dedicated office based customer support team, you will always be able to reach a member of our team, and our processes ensure that you receive consistent communication throughout your project.
6) Flexible pricing: Finding a company that offers you a long-term pricing plan can be very useful. You can lessen the burden of a big lumpsum of money to be paid at once by having a rolling service contract. We offer 12-month roofing service contracts, starting from just £12 per month (https://taylorroofs.co.uk/roofing-service-contracts/).
7) Long-term relationship approach: As mentioned in the point above, building a long-term relationship can help you with financing the jobs. It will also mean you can rest assured that your home will be regularly maintained and issues will be detected early. Taylor Roofing offer various types of roofing service contracts depending on your needs. Read more about the bronze, silver and gold packages here. (https://taylorroofs.co.uk/roofing-service-contracts/).
Following this checklist will guarantee you are choosing the best roofer. With a large team of time served roofers and over 200 independent 5-star reviews, you can trust that our family run business will check all the boxes above.
Catering to domestic & commercial clients across the central belt, including but not limited to West Lothian, Edinburgh, Fire, Falkirk & Stirling, contact us to arrange a free roofing survey to understand what your home needs (no hidden costs!).